Signing Off

Well, I start my new job a week early…sorry for the lack of warning. I’ll be starting today, so this will be my last post for a while.

But, parting shots are always necessary:

• The “Rosemont Referendum” never materialized, but we still see the ads telling us how pulverizing a mountain is good for the environment. I suggest that Rosemont change the closing titles on their ads to better show what their improvements will do:

It’s just a rough draft, but I’m sure they have pros who can work on that.

• Samuel L. Jackson’s um…creative…GOTV video got some buzz last week. Not among it’s fans is Republican National Committeeman Bruce Ash, who had this level headed response on his Facebook page:

THIS IS THE FACE OF THE ENEMY…..

THIS WILL SHOCK YOU BUT SHOULD NOT SURPRISE YOU.

Yep.

• Yeah, Pima Bunch…clever. But the knocks about cronyism would probably be better delivered if not financed by a shadowy group led by a guy who desperately wants his own stop on the local government gravy train.

By the way, how did they get permission to use the Brady Bunch theme? Or, is there some obscure part of the BMI licensing agreement that allows fair use if you sing the song in a really irritating falsetto?

Okay, enough of that.

Thank you all for the support and yes, even opposition, over the last seven years.

Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

1. Appleblossom wrote:

Good thing you will still be on Facebook, Twitter, email, AIM, Yahoo Messenger and at various Democratic events.

Otherwise I might never know what your opinion on something might be.

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 11:38 am | Permalink
  2. Ted's Friend wrote:

Dont go Ted!!!!!

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Permalink
  3. Bruce Ash has a lot of room to complain considering he posted a rape image on his Facebook page recently.

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Permalink
  4. Dino Kadich wrote:

Thanks for your many years of insightful and witty blogging. I’m glad I was able to catch a year or so of it. Good luck at the Councilman’s office, and I’m going to expect a hearty dose of Rum, Romanism, and Rebellion every time I see you. :)

Monday, October 1, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink
  5. Sonoransam wrote:

Good luck with the new Gig.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 7:17 am | Permalink
  6. Ken Clark wrote:

Well here’s a fine howdee-doo. Now what is going to happen to my morning ritual of RRR and coffee, Ted? Have you ever thought of that? What about me and my needs, Ted? Huh? Jeeze!

Oh well, its been fun reading your work over the years. It is short, to the point, insightful and funny. Try doing that at a city council meeting.

Thanks for all the good reading and best of luck at the city.

Cheers,
    Ken

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 8:35 am | Permalink
  7. We bloggers (political & otherwise) will miss you Tedski & R3. Good luck at Paul’s Ward 2 Council office.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 10:08 am | Permalink
  8. Nunca Jamas wrote:

Are you Ted or Tom? Jejeje Buena Suerte a mi gran amigo.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Permalink
  9. movingazforward wrote:

Your words are a great blend of intelligent, witty commentary and interesting political scoop. Most importantly (to me), your concern for our state and its residents always comes through. Thank you for writing.

Best of luck in your new adventure!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Buena suerte.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Permalink
  11. Republitard wrote:

All good Tucsonians rejoice. Good riddance, commie. You were a pox on this dried-up corrupt town.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 8:33 am | Permalink
  12. Tracy S. wrote:

I’m suffering from R-cubed withdrawal. Ted, at least post some sports stuff. Or history. Or restaurant reviews ….

Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

I post non-political stuff over at http://www.polishmexican.net. The sports stuff can be found at http://www.mindingthe.net and http://www.tucsonsentinel.com

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink