…and the Book of Judges Promotes Ethnic Hatred of Canaanites

La Cervecera signed Terri Proud’s “Bible study” bill today, which just goes to show that students in Arizona are allowed to study their culture as long as they are Protestants.

1. ms magoo wrote:

We are all allowed to eat Mexican food anywhere in Tucson if you support MAS, if not you can only eat it east of Wilmot road..

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink
  2. Sound-of-freedom wrote:

Such classes will will show students who god wants them to vote for.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Magoo-

You didn’t understand what I was saying about Stegeman, obviously. He’s spent the last year or so antagonizing Hispanic activists, but expects not to be given grief when showing up at an event where many of them happen to live, that’s all I was saying. So, you can making accusations now, thanks.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Permalink
  4. ms magoo wrote:

I didn’t realize hispanic activists owned the event Tedski.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Permalink
  5. Jodi wrote:

What if so few students sign up for the classes, they cancel them?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Permalink
  6. Tucson Vice wrote:

Own it? No. Is it inspired and fueled by Hispanic culture, pride and activism? Absolutely.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 12:08 am | Permalink
  7. Tracy S. wrote:

I hope that this law gets challenged in court and loses. I can’t see how it can be possible to create the course in such a way that it is not going to be preferential to one religious argument or another.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink
  8. Andy wrote:

I suppose that the only way for the class to be truly neutral is for an atheist to teach it.
    I volunteer.