Another Candidate for Mayor?

Carolyn Classen is reporting that there is another candidate for mayor, billionaire and “patriot not a politician” Marshall Home. No, I have no idea how the guy got to be a billionaire, or why a guy with that much money hasn’t previously raised his head very high in town. He’s an organizer of something called the “Independent Rights Party,” which meets on Saturday mornings at an East side restaurant.

There may be a couple of problems with his candidacy. Home is filed as “nomination other than by primary” (a designation for candidates running under no party affiliation) but told Classen that he will be running against Jonathan Rothschild in the Democratic primary. His filing also lists an address, presumably his home, on the far Southwest side of Tucson outside of city limits.

1. Walt Stephenson wrote:

The address he is using demands some scrutiny……………. this is a forecloused home he is using as??? no current record of sale
    its by Irvington/Cardinal-

tax payer history shows he lost it in 09???

Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Walt-

I’m finding out a little more about the guy too. Seems to be a bit less than a billionaire.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Permalink
  3. Ted, I did ask him if he was an Independent and he say that he was challenging Rothschild as a Democrat. And I did ask Home how he made his “billions” and he declined to tell me. So I recommend that other media people call him as his phone # is listed on the Tucson City Clerk’s website:

Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 8:21 am | Permalink
  4. oops, I must have typed an incorrect website for my name, should be http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/community. My apologizes.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 8:23 am | Permalink
  5. I didn’t know we had billionaires in Tucson.

Especially ones that live on Valencia/Cardinal and still lose their homes to foreclosure.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 11:37 am | Permalink
  6. Sam S. wrote:

You may want to check out my comment on Carolyn’s site (sorry for plugging one of your competitors, Tedski). Attended the “Independent Rights Party” meeting. Suffice it to say, I’m pretty sure Mr. Homes isn’t a billionaire by any standard definition, and some of his ideas leave a lot of questions to be answered. Seems like a nice guy, though.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Permalink
  7. Marshall Home wrote:

Sam you are entirely right. Not only was the Mexico street house (which is my office foreclosed upon) it was sold twice and I got it back. I intend to do the same for the Arizona State Capitol, Tucson City Hall, the fire stations and police stations that have been unscrupulously mortgaged to the hilt behind the people’s back. It is disgraceful what these politicans have done if you have any conscience.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Permalink
  8. azw88 wrote:

The only Multi-billionaire associated with Tucson is a certain occasional resident who is the older brother of a failed rock star that went by the name of Michael McGear.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Permalink
  9. Chris Roads Deputy Recorder & Registrar of Voters at Pima County Recorder’s Office has confirmed that as of October, 2010 Home re-registered as an Independent. He was only a Democrat briefly in 1994. Read more in my updated blog:

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink
  10. Rodney Assman wrote:

I’m the only billionaire allowed in this town!

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Permalink
  11. azw88 wrote:

interesting digging, Carolyn. If he voted at his address outside the city, (if he changed address in time to do so) he is toast as far as running goes. If he tries to prove that he has always lived at the in-city address and he voted, he is admitting to voter fraud.

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Permalink