In This Case, the Bush Pollenates the Bee

A couple of days ago, one of my ultra-secret sources calls me up to tell me that a PAC was being formed by Tim Bee’s campaign, the Pima County Republican Party, the Republican National Committee and the National Republican Congressional Committee. The committee is called the Tim Bee Arizona Trust, and is a “Joint Fund Raiser” committee. The caller told me, “This usually happens just before a big player comes to town. It’ll be George Bush.”

I didn’t post anything. As much as I’d like to pretend this was news judgement, it was mostly laziness. Sorry to disappoint y’all.

The fundraiser has been announced. It will be at a private home in the foothills on July 18th. Have you ever noticed that when these high ranking Republicans grace our presence here in Baja Arizona, they never actually come into the city? They have their shindigs up in the foothills, usually in a gated community or a country club, then hop back into their limos and get onto the freeway back to the airport as soon as possible. Heaven forbid these guys meet actual Tucsonans.

Still, this will mean Bush has been here more than our own senior senator.

I have to give an ounce of credit to Pat Buchanan. When he came down during his 1996 race, not only did he make it into Tucson, he actually visited the South Side.

1. steve emerine wrote:

I’ll bet the folks at Davis-Monthan are relieved that they haven’t been ordered (so far) to assemble on the tarmac at high noon to welcome Current Occupant so he can tell them how well things are going in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Friday, July 4, 2008 at 6:33 am | Permalink
  2. Liza wrote:

The Republican party rulers apparently see CD8 as a real opportunity for them. I suspect they could buy the seat back by outspending Giffords somewhere on the order of 4-1 or maybe 5-1. It will be interesting to see how much money they are going to put into this.

Friday, July 4, 2008 at 7:54 am | Permalink
  3. David Safier wrote:

Yeah, yeah, the news is important. But the real issue is the headline. “The Bush Pollenates the Bee.” Pure gold. And I can’t even criticize your spelling, “pollenate,” since The Google says it’s a variant of “pollinate,” the more common spelling.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 7:42 am | Permalink

And David, I consider myself anything but common.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 9:50 am | Permalink
  5. Carol wrote:

Seriously now, can a Bee pollinate a Bush if the bush has no flowers left?

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 5:34 pm | Permalink
  6. Flipper wrote:

Beautiful bit of class baiting. Nice work.

Buy the seat? Who is raising a mil + a year to get and keep the seat? I thought Tim was far, far behind Giffords in fundraising? 4-1? 5-1? He’s going to raise ten mil? I hope you’re right. You heard it here first folks.

Nice to see the Pres getting under all skin of all you libs. When Pelosi came to AZ, she didn’t even have to lower herself to slum in Pima County…she did her money raking in Phoenix. Did you forget that part Ted? She didn’t have to meet any of us plebs either.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Actually, Pelosi has been here before.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 10:47 pm | Permalink